The future is in your hands; ask a counselor today! Plan a program of study that will help you reach your career goals. Counselors are available 24/7 via email to answer questions about your educational or career needs. Please complete the following form and our counselor will contact you.
Upon the completion of a course, you may request an "Employee Tuition Reimbursement Letter" from Western Suffolk BOCES. The letter will be mailed directly to your employer. To request a letter, please complete the following form and press the submit button. Allow 2 - 3 weeks to receive the letter.
631-667-6000, ext. 114
After you successfully complete a program at Wilson Tech, you are eligible for lifetime assistance from our Job Placement Office. Tech maintains a Job Bank with current openings at many local firms. Call for assistance with your resume or job search.
Certificates of Completion for continuing education courses will be issued upon successful course completion. The minimum eligibility standards for a certificate are as follows:
(a) absences of no more than 20% of instructional time.
(b) recommendation by the instructor that you have successfully completed all course requirements and met course objectives with an average grade of 80% or above.
(c) some programs have course-specific attendance and grading requirements.
All students will be provided a student copy of their transcript upon completion at no cost. To request a duplicate copy of certificates and/or transcripts, complete and return our form with the required fee. Click here for the form.
Save time and money by ordering required textbooks online from the virtual bookstore. Textbooks are sold at a discount and shipped right to your home. (Remember, there's no software to buy!). Click to Bookstore.
Veterans may qualify for free training at Wilson Technological Center through the Division of Veteran Affairs. Contact your local Veterans’ representative or call 631/667-6000 x157 to speak with our veterans’ advisor.
Many of our programs are appropriate for adults with special needs. Please contact the Career Center at 631/667-6000 ext. 152 with specific questions. Call prior to your first day of class so that our staff can make an effort to assist you with any necessary arrangements. All our facilities are wheelchair accessible.
1. Although we make every effort to ensure that all our courses are offered as advertised, it may become necessary to make changes to our program. If we cancel a course, all your fees are totally refunded.
2. If you cannot attend a class that has been rescheduled to a time or place other than advertised, you are entitled to a full refund.
3. If you withdraw from a class before the first scheduled class meeting, a full tuition refund, less a withdrawal fee of $25, will be made after the withdrawal* is requested in writing.
4. If you withdraw after the first scheduled class meeting but before the second class meeting, one-half of the tuition, less a withdrawal fee of $25, will be refunded after withdrawal* is requested in writing. NOTE: No refunds for any dance class after the first class begins.
5. All extra costs, such as books or equipment that were not included in tuition price, are not subject to refund.
6. We are unable to provide refunds for requests received after the second scheduled class meeting.
Waivers may be granted only under extenuating circumstances which must be detailed in writing within five days of your last day of attendance. If a waiver is granted, it must be used within one calendar year. Decisions to grant waivers are the prerogative of the BOCES administrator whose decision is final.
7. Any overpayment accepted will be totally refunded.
8. There is a $25 fee for ALL returned checks.
9. Payments made with a credit card will receive refund credit on their credit card.
NOTE: Every effort is made to provide you a timely refund. Processing of refunds may take 45 days after your first scheduled day of class. Our programs are supported entirely by student tuition. No discounts can be provided.
* The date of withdrawal is the date/time your request is received at BOCES.
Refund Policy for full-time programs can be found in the individual program handbooks.
Western Suffolk BOCES has an appeal and grievance policy for issues under dispute. A copy of this policy can be obtained from your instructor, evening administrator or www.wilsontech.org/dispute
Wilson Tech is always interested in classes that will help adults learn new skills to enter the job market, gain a promotion, change careers or start a hobby. You can supplement your income or start a satisfying second career teaching adults as you share your knowledge and skills to help others!
Tell us about your idea for an adult ed class.
Western Suffolk BOCES provides career training and literacy programs to help adults meet their career goals by developing skills essential for gainful employment, job advancement and new career opportunities.
Debra Montaruli, Principal, Adult Services
631-667-6000, ext. 320
Kathleen Baker, Principal, Health Careers
631-261-3721, ext. 221
©2013 Western Suffolk
17 Westminster Ave., Dix Hills, NY 11746
(631) 667-6000, ext. 320 firstname.lastname@example.org